This is an amazing opportunity to join the team at Hoburne Group as IT Trainee.
The successful IT Trainee will benefit from:
- Hoburne Team Card which includes 50% off Food and Drink
- Discounts on holidays
- Access to our leisure facilities on all our parks
- 30 working days holiday (pro-rata)
The IT Trainee will be engaged in all aspects of delivering information technology services at Hoburne, as a member of the Group Support Services Business Change Team. With a principal focus of building knowledge across the broad range of activities encompassed by the team, the individual, will on a planned basis be working in different functional areas, supporting existing team members. Working under the guidance of the Technical Services Manager and the Data Integration Manager, they will:
- Undertake key day to day tasks within the remit of the Business Change team, with objective of acquiring sufficient skill to undertake responsibility/management of key processes and activities of the team
- Have an agreed training program, covering both industry certification and hands on development, which will be completed to an approved schedule
- Be assigned specific key projects, which they will be asked to complete, to quality and in a timely manner
- Gain an understanding of the business operations of the Hoburne Group of companies
- Understand the operations and responsibilities of the outsourced IT Help desk and service support functions of the Business Change Team
- Gain understanding of the key technical infrastructure of Hoburne operations at all company sites.
- Gain understanding of the main software platforms and external services in use by the Hoburne group of companies
- Develop knowledge and skills in the areas of T-SQL, Database Procedures, Database Relationships, SharePoint Admin and Development, Application Data Modelling, VBA and Power BI Development
- Help in documenting and developing user documentation for software systems and related processes
- Provide technical support to the team and the wider business
- Help in analysis, design, configuration and implementation of new systems
- Undertake key software development projects and activities
- Support configuration of server and network infrastructure, cloud services under the direction of other team members
- Engage with third party service providers to report and understand the status of any outstanding technical issues
- Undertake research and development into new technology solutions, under the direction of the Technical Services Manager
- Complete assignments as set by the Technical Services Manager and the Data Integration Manager
- Complete level of training as required
- Produce weekly task and activity reports
- GCSE Maths and English
- NVQ’s or A levels
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A passion for technology
- Keen to learn
- Basic knowledge of IT Hardware, Software and Services
- Numerate and literate
- An excellent telephone manner
- A positive can do attitude
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and use own initiative
Full time role, based in Highcliffe with travel to other sites in Southern England as required.We offer Hybrid working.
If this amazing opportunity sounds like you, please apply.
The Hoburne Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics). A copy of The Hoburne Group Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy is available on request.